Memorial Day, the unoffical start of summer, is almost here! That means it's time to get together with family and friends and celebrate in Jackson, Michigan.
- Saturday, May 28 | Start of Summer Memorial Day Fireworks at The Cascades
Memorial Day Fireworks will start at dusk and will be featuring Karen Kidder and The Alibi Band. The band will take the stage offering a variety of old and new rock classics.
- 10 AM | Jackson Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony | The parade starts at 10 a.m. Monday on Michigan Ave. and will continue south on Jackson Street to Mount Evergreen Cemetery, where a memorial ceremony will take place. (517) 788-4425
- 10 AM | Grass Lake Memorial Day | Starts at the Memorial downtown 10 AM there will be a service dedicating a permanent memorial soldier cross (battle field cross) all names are read during the ceremony of the vets that are buried there. The parade will begin after the ceremony and proceed to West Cemetery on Wolf Lake Rd. (517) 522-4853
- 10 AM | Concord Memorial Day | Concord Parade on the 30th at 10 am on Main Street from River Street to the Cemetery. Ceremony in the Cemetery and done by 11 am to make it to the Spring Arbor Parade. (517) 524-8534
- 11 AM | Spring Arbor Memorial Day | Family Activities begin at 11 AM. A veterans memorial service begins at noon Monday in front of the township office, 107 East Main St. The parade starts at 1 p.m. and will proceed from Ogle Avenue and M-60 to Henderson Road, to Second Street to W. Arbor Heights Road and end at Ogle Ave
- 11:30 AM (Tenative) | Springport Memorial Day | VFW, 230 Grand St. The parade starts at the VFW at 11:30 a.m. and will continue east on Grand, south on Pearl Street, west on E. Main Street, stopping at the memorial at 137 E. Main St., and south on Maple Street to conclude at the Springport Cemetery with an invocation and 21-gun salute. (517) 857-3595
Consider having a picnic at one of Jackson's Favorite Parks: