JACKSON, MICHIGAN - June 4, 2015 - Celebrate the Summer Solstice and the release of amazing new Michigan wines at the SE Michigan Pioneer Wine Trail's "Summer Solstice Release Party" on Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21
Each winery along the trail will feature a dish prepared by a local chef and paired with their featured wine. The ticket price also includes one tasting glass. Tickets for this self-driven tour with 8 delicious Food & Wine Pairings are only $30! They are available on the Pioneer Wine Trail website:www.pioneerwinetrail.com.
Participating wineries with food & wine pairings:
- Burgdorf's Winery (Haslett) - Stuffed mushroom caps with blue cheese alonette, garnished with red cabbage paired with New Release 2013 Semi-dry Pear Wine
- Chateau Aeronautique Winery (Jackson) - Green leaf lettuce Fusion Wrap w/Asian Soy-Ginger pulled beef & Pico de Gallo (Vegan option available) paired with 2013 Dry Riesling
- Cherry Creek Cellars Old Schoolhouse Winery (Brooklyn) Mediterranean Orzo Salad paired with a semi sweet Summer Breeze (white)
- Flying Otter Winery (Adrian) - Herbed Chicken Pasta Salad with Parmesan Crostini paired with 2014 Sunshine
- J. Trees Cellars (Tecumseh) - Smoked pork slider on pretzel bun paired with house white
- Lone Oak Vineyard Estate (Grass Lake) - Farro Salad with cranberries and walnuts paired with Gamay Noir
- Pentamere Winery (Tecumseh) - BBQ pulled chicken on a baguette with MI Cherry BBQ Sauce and fruit salad with MI Cherry Vinaigrette paired with Monarch of the Glen (off dry red)
- Sandhill Crane Vineyards (Jackson) - Calder Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream Sundaes with Summer Fruits Marinated in Solstice and paired with Solstice
Hours of the event are Saturday, June 20 from 11 am to 6 pm and Sunday, June 21 (Father's Day) 12 from noon to 6 pm. There are a limited number of tickets available, ticket sales will end on Wednesday, June 17 at midnight (or when sold out), and tickets will not be available the day of the event.
For more information call (517) 423-9000 or (317) 501-0862 and ask for Susan.
Please note: Ticket holders are welcome to visit each location over the two-day event, or they may choose to limit their visits (as time permits). The Pioneer Wine Trail strongly recommends that you bring a designated driver with you. This event is for persons 21 years or over. You will be asked for ID at each winery. According to Michigan liquor law, we are not allowed to serve anyone who is intoxicated.
About the Pioneer Wine Trail
The Pioneer Wine Trail is supporting Michigan viticulture and oenology research by donating $1 of each ticket sold for this event to the Michigan Wine Foundation, a foundation that supports wine and grape growing research throughout Michigan. Through continued research and development of Michigan's grape and wine industry, award winning wines from Michigan grown grapes are becoming world renowned for their quality and remarkable taste.
Southeast Michigan's vintners are the new pioneers of the 21st century, growing and selling special wines for you to discover.
Southeast Michigan's Pioneer wine making region is a great place to spend a few hours.... or a few days! The beautiful rolling Irish Hills, many lakes, and Hidden Lake Gardens are right along the trail. Relax, savor our wines, stop for some antiquing and perhaps stay in one of the many bed & breakfast inns in the area!
For more information visit www.pioneerwinetrail.com