Coe House Museum & Grass Lake Area Historical Connection

Home to the Grass Lake Area Historical Connections since 1972, this historic home now museum is built in the Tuscan Vernacular architectural style.

The Coe House was constructed in 1871 for Henry Vinkle, who owned and operated a hardware store and farm equipment dealership in Grass Lake. In 1953 Archie and Myrta Coe bought the home, and it was from Mrs. Coe, by then a widow, that the Grass Lake Area Historical Connections bought the house and named it after the Coe’s. The Grass Lake Area Historical Connections has since renovated the house in a Victorian Era fashion. Events are scheduled throughout the year; such as an annual plant sale held Memorial Day weekend. Exhibits change regularly within the house and are open to the public from June through September on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays, 11:00 - 3:00. Other tour arrangements by appt. Assistance with local research can be provided by members. Contact: Marilyn, 517-522-8324.


REVIEWS


eNews Sign Up