Have you found being a parent is harder than you expected? Do you wish you had an expert or a peer you could talk to about the difficulty of parenting? If so, Jackson District Library would like to invite you to take part in our FREE Nurturing Parenting class at the Carnegie Branch of the Jackson District Library. Stop at the Reference desk or call 788-4087 if you have any questions.
Week 1 Dec. 4, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Informational Gathering
Week 2 Dec. 11, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Nurturing Parenting
- Cultural Parenting Traditions
- What is Trauma
- Developing Spirituality in Parenting
Week 3 Jan. 8, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Making Good choices
- Trauma prevention
Week 4 Jan. 15, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Growth and Development of Children
- Brain development and the effects of trauma
Week 5 Jan. 22, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Importance of Touch
- Developing Empathy
- Effects of Trauma
Week 6 Jan. 29, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Managing and communication feelings
- Managing anger and stress
Week 7 Feb. 5, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Understanding Discipline
- Alternatives to spanking
- Understanding why children act out
Week 8 Feb. 12, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Rewards and punishments
- Review Discipline
Week 9 Feb. 26, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Establishing Nurturing Parenting Routines
- Building Safety
Week 10 Mar. 5, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Exit Interview
- Feedback and certification
* Experience Jackson is not responsible for errors or omissions in the event information. Please contact the event organizer directly for further information, or with any questions.