Jackson, Michigan is full of adventure, unique history, some of the most incredible museums, and too many events to count! If you’ve never been to Jackson, you’re missing out on a genuine Michigan treasure. Here are 10 reasons why you should start planning your trip to Jackson, Michigan now!
1. To meet a hot air balloon pilot and watch dozens of balloons launch at the annual Hot Air Jubilee.
2. To relive a turning point in American History at the Civil War Muster. Join more than 30,000 spectators who are taken back to the 1860’s as they watch one of the best reenactments in the country.
3. To have fun with your friends while competing in the challenging Spartan Race mud and obstacle run.
4. To watch the incredible action that NASCAR is known for at NASCAR’s fastest track, Michigan International Speedway. Feel the racing rush at the June and August races.
6. To dance and sing along with your favorite country artists at Faster Horses. The three-day event has two stages, nine campgrounds, food trucks, water slides, and the biggest names in country music! What more do you need?
8. To play a round of golf where they’ve got second highest number of golf courses per capita in the entire country! Why not play a round, or 21?
9. To cheer on your favorite little ones as they climb, slide, and run their way through the muddy obstacle course at Childrenz Challenge.
10.To witness history being made at the Michigan Hydroplane Boat Racing Nationals – be there as the champion crosses the finish line on Grass Lake, dubbed the “Wild Ones Regatta.”
If these 10 reasons aren’t enough to convince you that Jackson is your next vacation destination, then we’ve got hundreds more for the foodie, historian, motorsports enthusiast, outdoor adventurer, and for those who enjoy exploring oddities.