Each summer Jackson, Michigan is jammed-packed with action, adventure, and scenic sights! Enjoy attractions and activities that celebrate our city, along with the arts, or take a step back in time to experience our history. These yearly traditions paired with new events and area activities make Jackson a go-to place for a Midwest adventure this summer.
Here are the top 20 things to do in Jackson, Michigan this summer:
- Experience the beauty of The Cascades, a breath-taking illuminated, man-made waterfall.
- Spend some time with mother nature on miles of beautiful trails for walking, running, or biking. We even have a guide to Jackson, MI trails that you can download and take with you for more fun!
- Hit the greens and enjoy some of Michigan's premiere golf courses. Book a golf package and make it a weekend trip!
- Practice your aim at Axe Play, the axe throwing bar in downtown Jackson.
- Cool off at the Splash Pad for some family fun in the sun.
- If you want some water fun that is a little more relaxing, check out one of Jackson's many beautiful lakes. We even have a guide to waterways in Jackson County available for download.
- Test your IQ at epIQ Escapes for some indoor excitement.
- The Tilted Arcade Bar is a great place to take break from the summer heat in downtown Jackson.
- Find your new favorite glass of wine at the area’s wineries. Get your free self-guided wine tour map now.
- Experience Downton Jackson in bold color, take the self guided walking tour of the Bright Walls murals.
- Enjoy Jackson at dusk and have dinner at one of Jackson's many outdoor dining locations.
- Take a trip through time at one of Jackson's 12 museums.
- If you want to get outside and enjoy some history, take the self-guided 1920's Architecture Tour, or one of the other Downtown Jackson Walking Tours.
- Try a new sport – foot golf. It combines the best aspects of golf and soccer to make an incredibly fun sport.
- Sastify your sweet tooth at The Jackson Candy & Fudge Factory, The Parlour, or one of Jackon's other sweet spots.
- Try a coney dog right from the source – the first one was cooked up here over 100 years ago.
- Sip craft beers from local breweries and tap houses, as you make your way around the self-guided Jackson craft beer tour (get the free guide now).
- Learn about the turning point in our nation’s history when you download the app and take the Underground Railroad Tour in Jackson, MI.
- Want to stay in but still experience Jackson? Take the Jackson Historic Character Quiz.
- Plan your summer reunion and enjoy a meal together at any of Jackson's group friendly restaurant venues.
Make it a Weekend, Book Your Hotel Stay Today!
Now that you know the top 20 things to do in Jackson, Michigan this summer, book your hotel stay. There are far too many things to experience in just one day. By making it a weekend, you’ll have plenty of time to check many things off of this list!