Each summer Jackson, Michigan is jammed-packed with action, adventure, and scenic sights! Enjoy annual festivals that celebrate our unique craft of wine and beer making, along with the arts, or take a step back in time to relive some famous Civil War battles. These yearly traditions paired with new events and area activities make Jackson a go-to place for a Midwest adventure this summer.
Here are the top 20 things to do in Jackson, Michigan this summer:
- Experience the beauty of a firework show at The Cascades, a breath-taking illuminated, man-made waterfall.
- Spend some time with mother nature on miles of beautiful trails for walking, running, or biking.
- Listen to some of today’s great blues musicians at the Jackson Blues Festival.
- Take in local art, while trying pours from over 35 Michigan breweries, wineries, distilleries, and specialty beverage vendors at Art, Beer & Wine Festival.
- Cool off at the Splash Pad for some family fun in the sun.
- Feel the rush of NASCAR’s fastest track during the June or August race at Michigan International Speedway.
- Grab two friends and enter the Gus Macker three-on-three tournament.
- Find your new favorite glass of wine at the area’s wineries. Get your free self-guided wine tour map now.
- Sing along with the biggest names in country music during three full days of fun at Faster Horses, a premier country music festival.
- Step behind bars at Cell Block 7. This one-of-a-kind prison museum is located on the grounds of an operating penitentiary.
- Take in the dazzling sky during the morning and evening balloon launches at the Hot Air Jubilee.
- Bring the kids out for a day of fun and mud at the annual Childrenz Challenge, a muddy obstacle course.
- Visit a Civil War battlefield and camp at the Civil War Muster.
- Try a new sport – foot golf. It combines the best aspects of golf and soccer to make an incredibly fun sport.
- Watch Hydroplane Boat Racing for a real adrenaline rush.
- Try a coney dog right from the source – the first one was cooked up here over 100 years ago.
- Explore many of the area’s museums for free during Jackson County Museum Day.
- Relive a turning point in our nation’s history when you visit the Birthplace of the Republican Party.
- Run, jump, and climb to the finish line at the Spartan Race.
- Sip craft beers from local breweries and tap houses, as you make your way around the self-guided Jackson craft beer tour (get the free guide now).
Make it a Weekend, Book Your Hotel Stay Today!
Now that you know the top 20 things to do in Jackson, Michigan this summer, book your hotel stay. There are far too many things to experience in just one day. By making it a weekend, you’ll have plenty of time to check many things off of this list!