Home to the Grass Lake Area Historical Society since 1972, this historic home now museum is built in the Tuscan Vernacular architectural style.
The Coe House was constructed in 1871 for Henry Vinkle, who owned and operated a hardware store and farm equipment dealership in Grass Lake. In 1953 Archie and Myrta Coe bought the home, and it was from Mrs. Coe, by then a widow, that the Grass Lake Area Historical Society bought the house and named it after the Coe’s. The Grass Lake Area Historical Society has since renovated the house in a Victorian Era fashion. Visit their website for more information on events, hours and current exhibits.