The Jackson District Library strives to meet the Jackson community’s ever-changing need for educational, cultural and recreational information. Jackson District Library’s main branch, the Carnegie Branch, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the State of Michigan Register of Historic Sites. This Neoclassical building was designed and built in 1906 by Andrew Carnegie and features inlaid terrazzo floors, intricate ceiling moldings, Carrara white marble staircase, and numerous pieces of art. There are two meeting rooms, the McIntyre Room (Seats 24) and Sergeant Auditorium (Seats 80), available for rent. Contact the Carnegie Library Reference desk for more information.
Check out the online quarterly Newsletter here.