“Hub Laps” is the Hub Teen Center version of short course X-Country Running and Mountain Biking at Cascades Park in September. (9/11 and 9/18)
This is something new that we’re trying, and we are planning to have 3 categories for participants each night:
- Fun run/walk (non-competitive), this is the kid-friendly version.
- XC running (competitive)
- CX/Mountain biking (competitive)
Runners and riders will race on a ½ – 1 mile course for 30 minutes. The first to finish the predetermined number of laps, wins. The course weaves up and around the north side of the falls at Cascades Park near the bandshell.
We want to create a fun and safe family vibe and want families to bring their kids/friends and participate. Cost for adults are $10 per category, and juniors (14 & under) race for free. Younger kids are welcome to bring their bikes to ride the course during the Fun Run, and in-between races or around the area as long as they are supervised. Proceeds support programs at the Teen Hub Center, non-profit.
The course is designed for kids that have a bike with gears, can ride a mile on uneven terrain and are comfortable in a race format.
* 6-6:30: Fun run/walk (non-competitive), this is the kid-friendly version.
* 7-7:30: XC Running (competitive)
* 8-8:30: CX/Mountain Biking (competitive)
Primary Contact: Nate Evans Email: email@example.com
Secondary Contact: Ben Redmond Phone: 517.914.8377
* Experience Jackson is not responsible for errors or omissions in the event information. Please contact the event organizer directly for further information, or with any questions.